- Lauki (Bottle gourd) – 2 Medium sized, peeled and cubed
- Tomatoes – 2 Medium sized, canned works well
- Onion – 1 Medium, diced
- Green Chilli – 3-4
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 tbsp, Minced
- Garlic – 1 clove, Minced
- Hot Water – 1 Cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed skillet or dutch oven at medium. Add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the garlic, green chili, and ginger and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, and salt and stir until everything is coated.
- Add the lauki, tomatoes, and hot water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and bring down to a simmer.
- Simmer 15 – 2o minutes, stirring occasionally, until lauki is soft. Add salt if needed.