- 1 1/4 lb mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 200ml light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 100g medium cut rice noodles
- 250ml chicken stock
- Cilantro to taste
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the Thai green curry paste and fry until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, and stock and bring to a boil. Taste and season with salt.
- Add the mussels, give them a quick stir, cover the wok and let cook for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to boil and add the rice noodles. Cook for 1 minute and then drain and wash with cold water.
- Once the mussels are cooked, add the juice of half a lime and cilantro to taste. Reserve the other half of the lime for adjusting the acidity while eating.
- Get a wide bowl and add your rice noodles in. Scoop up the mussels and place them on top. Ladle the simmering liquid into the bowl.
The leftover simmering liquid is fantastic and flavorful to use. I like to get up extra rice noodles and use the stock for flavouring.